Friday, March 2, 2007

A forgotten Proverb in China but still Remembered in Europe




授人以鱼不如授人以渔


I was brought up with this proverb.
Better teach fishing than giving a man a fish.

I also raised my children under the influence of this phrase which shaped me , I benefited from it,
and thought my son Samuel how to benefit also
http://www.savefile.com/files/527903

http://www.brain-online.ch


One day in 1990 I met my friend Hovik Simonian near my house in Switzerland , he said with sad eyes and pitying expression that he saw Samuel filling gasoline in Car Station.
As if it is the biggest insult to human intelligence.
Maybe the long way that ends as Lean Management Consultant starts at early age in childhood work,
and During University Studies pass from being an Entrepreneur of Belgian Waffle sales franchise in Swiss Train Station.

Samuel followed the option to study in much longer time at the university combining his Business Management and Studies.

That reminds me a Russian Proverb. That says never chose the easy way .
Easy way give you illusion of wining today but let you make a big loss tomorrow
Hard way make you look miserable today but winner for ever.


This words are dedicated to my Chinese Friends who under the conditions of raising Single Child that it is time maybe to coming Generation to install this software in to their approach of raising a Kid.

Management seems a tradition in my Family, My second son Alexandre is today is A film Director and Theater Director, He is 27 years old today.He is also like me into teaching others.
He is at the right end of the picture, please copy and past those links

http://www.lagruyere.ch/archives/2004/04.11.16/gruyere2.htm


http://www.arts-sceniques.be/comediens/voirfiche.php?Id=882


It is very important in European Culture to raise the children in one way only.

When they reach 18 years old they must be able to sustain them selves.
This does not mean that they need to be rich in young age.

They must be able to embark on a long road to maturity step by step ( hehe My Chinese friends will like that one)


With Samuel we discuss management issues, with Alexandre how to manage the actors in a way of moving them form conflicting position to the collaborative position.
I will never forget their sparking eyes during these intense discussions.


I do have the wish they will raise their children in the light of above words

Maybe it is time now to leave the world of Proverbs which I am sure made some of you dizzy and try to set sails to different continent and time.

Prepare your life jacket for next posting



No comments: