Saturday, March 3, 2007

Iquitos, Peru, 伊基托斯[秘鲁东北部城市]Amazon亚马逊河(南美洲大河)




I just landed from the Plane that took me from Lima to Iquitos, a rain forest area in Amazon jungle which starts at the east of South America from Atlantic Ocean to a place very near to Pacific Ocean just behind of Andes Mountains which is the southern cousins of Rocky Mountains it follows north south direction all the way to Patagonia.

I walk outside from plane I see a policeman both hands on his waist. Gun hanged on one side like a Cowboy. I noticed his watch.May be 500 gr of Gold Bracelet and watch.
I just think the tycoon became policeman or vice versa.
Than I hire a motorcycle.
I ask driver.
Como es la vida? How is life?
He answer Muy tranquilo... Very peaceful.

In fact it is an island on Amazon river.
A river 3500 km long and from 30 to 350 km large covered with high tropical forest

It is not possible to come by car here.Either by slow boat or fast plane.
I arrived to hotel I need to change money.
They say sorry it is Sunday the Banks are closed.
Than I say where can I change money.

They say go To Chinese shop.

I go there very polite Chinese family running the shop with Kitchenware from China.

They change the money I asked them how they end up here.
They say during early 1900 there was rubber plantation boom and Chinese workers were brought to work.
Nobody bought them a return ticket so they stayed.
The son is a young man he says he can not speak Chinese but only Spanish.
During the rubber boom rubber price skyrocketed
Many people became very rich.
They told me that the rich Plantation owners were sending their
clothes to Paris for washing and ironing.
Nobody had heard by than Toyota methodology of Supply Chain Management.
Instead using the abundant water to build a Laundry business right there.
They just preferred to send their clothes on a 2 months journey to Paris.

They also placed Architect of Eiffel Tower , Gustave Eiffel an order for building of an Opera that was shipped by boat and as if it was an Early version of Ikea furniture they assembled their
Opera Building when the parts were unloaded from the ship.
And the most famous of Opera Singers will come to sing for the New Rich of that time

I was there to meet my customer who was a trader of Forestry Equipment.
I was working in those machines, specially the ones who were used 10 degrees north and south of Equator which means I had to visit tropical countries where the weather
is always between 26 and 32 degrees.
For someone who lived in cold winter that was a very good perk.

My customer says that this place is full of Drug business and relative prosperity compared to other part of poverty stricken of Peru was due to production of this evil
vice.

That news did not attract my attention.
As I did not know being the only foreigner on incoming plane, my name on every plane will be underlined and any time from that point I took the plane , I will be subject
to a special scrutiny , when I went to Lima, Ecuador City赤道, Mexico墨西哥(拉丁美洲国家
and Miami迈阿密.
With such a repetition I was an experienced in DEA , 禁药取缔机构 in searching procedures
and comply in everything I was asked professionally.
I will never forget the feeling of paradise on earth I had over there, despite the night time
animal sounds I heard there I liked that peaceful impression of virgin nature mother.

No comments: