Friday, December 28, 2007

深水埗區 The Lovely People of Sham Shui Po

Recently I decided while I am staying in Hong Kong to help a friend to stay in that district
It is nearby Subway Station called with the same name.
It has the atmosphere of a village in the middle of Hong Kong Crowded City.And internet ressources say about the place
Quote:
Sham Shui Po was already a densely populated district in 1950s and 1960s. It is heavily poverty-stricken, having the lowest median monthly domestic household income among the 18 districts. It has the highest percentage of elderly over 65 years. The percentage of new immigrants is also very high.
Local private housing Mei Foo Sun Chuen in Lai Chi Kok, which was built in 1966, was Hong Kong's first large-scale private housing estate, comprising 8 phases with a total of 99 blocks.

What those words do not say however how there is a traditional Chinese Life, I discover there very nice food and friendly people where most of the visitors can not see during the short time they stay here
I recommend visitors to visit this area which in my eyes a living museum of History of Hong Kong
I will publish some photos or maybe a slide show about the people here that I like very much

No comments: